Premium WordPress Themes and Support

Home Forums WPThemeCity Artisteer Export Plugin WPThemeCity + WordPress 4.9

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Daniel Smith 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Luke
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve updated to WordPress 4.9 and have found no problems.

Thanks
    Luke

Nick
    Keymaster
    WP Colonel

Thanks for the reporting Luke. I’ve been closely monitoring all the core changes, and so farso good. Let’s hope this is going to be the case with WP 5.0 as the direction of WP will be dramatically changed.

The best feature that WP 4.9 offers is the ability for he customizer changes to be published right away as usual, or be saved as a draft or scheduled to be automatically published in a future date. With the draft and scheduling option a preview link is available, so if you are working for a client, you can send him the link of your proposed customizer options, like a new skin, etc…, and when approved, you can publish the changes. Now, there is a limitation with this feature. You can save only one draft and have only one scheduled change. That said with a simple code, we can activate what they call branching, which in turn we will be allowed to have many drafts and many schedules. What interesting doors does this open? We can now show unlimited number of proposed changes at the same time to our customers to choose from, and more importantly, without any additional coding or the use of plugins, we would now have the ability to show on the front end all available styles (skins) that our theme sports.

Development is still ongoing for the QT plugin, and after concentrating on dozens of visual controls in the customizer, now all my attention is turned into Custom Post Types, Custom Taxonomies, and Custom Fields. For many reasons I have decided not to include all these things into the fold of the themes, but create a separate WordPress plugin.

If you or anyone else is interested to know more about the Customizer branching, the new CPT Toolbox, or the advances in the Artisteer QT plugin advancements, please let me know, and I’ll see what I can do.

Once again,
    Thanks Luke.

Daniel Smith
    Participant
    WP Private

Greetings, With the recent update to 4.9.8 when I go to Appearance > Customize the panel is blank. Switching to Twenty Seventeen and the panel is there. Downloaded the Classic Editor and no change. This is happening for all my sites, all having Artisteer and WPTheme City 1.11. Are there any hacks or something I can do to get this back? All the magic is in the Customize.

Thanks, Dan

Nick
    Keymaster
    WP Colonel

Hi Dan,

I have to admit that I have not used WPThemeCity made themes for over 2 years now, as I used it to develop the QT Plugin. That said, none of the QT Plugin users have complained about issues here, nor the WPThemeCity users in this forum. Before I continue, let me say that in the near future I’m planning in updating the WPThemeCity plugin to make it Php v7.2 compatible, as well as making the themes Gutenberg ready if one chooses to use Gutenberg – which I highly DON”T recommend! In the meantime, in this forum in a few days I will offer a free theme made with the latest QT Plugin with the Artisteer files along with it, to see the tremendous progression we’ve made thus far.

Ok, back to the point. This happened to one of my sites about 2-3 weeks ago, but it was happening only when I was placing a custom header image in the customizer (on on post/page edit screens), and it was happening only in one site. On other sites I could nor replicate the issue, not sure if I was having plugin conflicts or some sort of random file/database corruption. Once the custom header in the customizer was in place, I was getting the white screen of death. The only way to get the customizer back was to delete the customizer setting for that theme. The easiest way of doing it is with a plugin like Advanced Database Cleaner https://wordpress.org/plugins/advanced-database-cleaner/

Once installed and activated, go to the Options tab and look for the customizer entry FOR YOUR THEME – look for theme_mods_LasVegas for example, LasVegas being the name of the theme in this case. Delete that entry from the Options table, and you should be back in business.

Of course I don’t have to tell you to backup your database before anything, especially if it is not a development site. The last month or so, many things are going wrong, WP 4.9.7 was corrupting the server’s RAM on Windows computers, which got fixed a month later with the new update, and now Chrome has introduced some weird things that are not seem in Firefox.

Please let me know if my suggestion fixed your issues, or anything I suggested does not make sense.

Nick.

Daniel Smith
    Participant
    WP Private

Hello Nick, Thank you so much for your quick reply. Please accept my apologies for the delay, life seems to get in the way sometimes.

Did as you suggested, deleted the theme_mods_ went to Customize, still blank. Back to Options tab and the theme_mods_ is back; like a bad penny. Guess I need to wait to the next update and hope it gets fixed like it did between 4.9.7 and 4.9

Very interested in the QT theme, is there a website I can go to?

Thanks for your help.

Dan

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.