Premium WordPress Themes and Support

Home Forums WPThemeCity Artisteer Export Plugin WP Tuxedo 0.2 Released

This topic is: not a support question

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Shaul Hadar 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Trevor Anderson
    Keymaster
    WP Colonel

WP Tuxedo 0.2 Beta Has Been Released

How to Download

Purchase here, or if you’ve already purchased log in using the form in the upper right and visit your Purchase History, follow the View Details and Downloads link and you’ll find a link to the download for 0.2 right below 0.1.

There doesn’t seem to be a great way to version control plugins with Artisteer, so for now I’ll be releasing each version as it’s own self contained plugin. This means you’ll still have 0.1 installed alongside 0.2. Of course you can delete 0.1 from the installed plugin directory. Instruction for how to deal with this will be posted soon along with the beginnings of our documentation for the exporter and themes.

What’s New

Readable User Friendly Export Code

I’ve redesigned the export code to be more user friendly for those that want to add in their own code as they did with Artisteer’s standard exporter or Templateer. The exporter brains (export.js) are written in straight-forward code so even non-programmers have a chance at following it.

Child Theme Friendly

I’ve kept child themes in mind and split up a lot of the functionality of the generated themes to make it easy to override and target certain aspects.

Menu Fallback and Per Post Override

Post and pages can define a menu to override the theme default. This is found in the Theme Display Options settings in the post or page edit screen (you may have to enable it under Screen Options). If no custom menu is selected for the theme’s primary navigation a list of the pages will be used instead.

What’s Next

I’ll be adding a ton of options now that the base code has been laid down. Sidebar widget conditional display, menu options, layout options, WooCommerce. bbPress and Easy Digital Downloads compatibility, plus much more.

Online documentation is being worked on and will be up soon.

Feedback

Let me know what else you’d like to see added in.

Thanks for all the help to make WP Tuxedo great!

Nick
    Keymaster
    WP Colonel

Good job with 0.2 Trevor – moving in the right direction. Let’s get all your planned features in first, and work out any bugs, and then we’ll worry about additional features, having in mind that having lean and clean code is very important. We don’t want to bloat things like Templateer, and slow the sites down.

Shaul Hadar
    Participant

Hi TRevor and congratulations on the new version 🙂 can’t wait to check it out!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.