Premium WordPress Themes and Support

Home Forums WPThemeCity Artisteer Export Plugin News & Updates Regarding The Future Of WP Tuxedo.

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 43 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  Nick 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
1 2 3
  • Author

Philip Barrington
    Participant

You have my support

Nick
    Keymaster
    WP Colonel

Thanks Philip,

I will do my best not to disappoint.

Nick
    Keymaster
    WP Colonel

Malinka,

I would really appreciate it if you would share your offsite backup solution.

Thanks in advance.

Jos Bodewes
    Participant

Just a small note from the Netherlands here. I want to thank Trevor for all his work done in the past. It really helped me with my business. And thanks to you Nick for you generous support in the past to various Artisteer users.

Looking forward to whats coming 🙂

Cheers,

Jos

Abland
    Participant
    WP Private

Hey, Nick,

Congratulations on taking this project up. Between your passion for the development and what I might call your “mad skills” I think everyone, including you, will only benefit.

Trevor picked up the ball at a time when it was needed but the future didn’t look too bright for an Artisteer program assist. If they’re good to their promise to go open source should development cease then the future isn’t so cloudy any more. Trevor, if you get a chance to read this – thanks for your hard work and taking that chance 🙂

I’ve gravitated away from Artisteer myself when things started getting so iffy but it was a useful tool in its time. Hopefully you can revive its usefulness, Nick.

Best to you, Nick. You’re an amazing resource 🙂

Nick
    Keymaster
    WP Colonel

Hi Abland,

Sorry for the delay, I was out all day long yesterday… I don’t know about my “mad skills”, but I am passionate in everything I try to do. I either do it with 100% conviction, or not at all. Talking about “mad skills”, I remember years ago, when I was just starting out with WordPress, you were helping me out (along with Bazish to that matter), and I knew then that you had “extreme mad skills”. You were fixing all sorts of things, from the crappy Templateer, to Woocommerce, Artisteer, etc… You were also repeatedly “beating” us down with Microthemer, even posting a 50% coupon for it. I used that coupon and bought it – along with Artisteer, & WP Tuxedo, this was the best thing to spend my money on. I don’t think I can ever repay you just for that, among other things.

Because of Microthemer, by studying the exported code, I learned and fully understood Media Queries. Around the same time Bazish came along with a simple question to me… “have you seen the TGM Plugin Installation”? So, at that time, with zero WordPress coding experience, but now armed with Templateer, Microthemer, and TGM, I decided I could start competing in the premium theme marketplace. Looking back, and gaining a lot of coding knowledge, it was extremely naive, even palin stupid. I needed more – remember my motto, I’m either going to be better and different than everybody else, or not do it at all. With that in mind, I’m started adding things to my sites with various new features and functions, which I will start sharing with you all, once Trevor finishes the next update.

However, one things you had said that influenced me the most was that, you were helping out others, because when you were starting others were willing to help you. I thought that was the coolest thing I had ever heard. Helping people because you wanted to, as opposed to had to, because they were paying you, etc… was an unheard idea in the software world. In the 90’s, it did not matter which programming language, code was good as gold. Code was this well guarded secret. Friends would stab friends to steal and not share code. With WordPress, if you want a piece of code to do something, Google it, or look for a youtube video. If you can’t find what you want exactly, you will at least find a good starting point… So you played a big role for me helping others through the years, so once again, I could never repay you, and you will always be a good friend of mine.

zenazeo
    Participant
    WP Private

What a great exchange between Nick & Abland; it shows your generous hearts. We are all so fortunate for your attitudes, skills and willingness to share. Thank you both!

Thank you, Trevor for creating a plugin that cleaned up a very messy export. I would have abandoned Artisteer long ago had it not been for your work.

I know everyone is very excited to see what Nick’s coding will add and I am willing to support the efforts by happily paying for this new version.

The future’s so bright, I have to wear shades!

Zena

Bazish
    Participant
    WP Major

Remembering the old days… 😉

@abland was amazing and we wanted to see his posts/replies because there’s always something to learn new from him.

i switched my self from Artisteer and WP Tuxedo a years ago… i don’t remember if i created a theme using Artisteer in last year or so and i stop visiting wpthemecity.net.. i just visited it few days back and see @Nick taken over the wpthemecity.net .. that’s really a nice thing to know because at last we have someone on the project whose here for long time (atleast until Artisteer is around).

my concern for switching away from Artisteer and WP Tuxedo was unavailability of Trevor (or less interest in his product) and i don’t want to spend time in a product which will get lost just like templateer (if i remember the correct name … lol)

but as our friend Nick is on board.. i will be visiting the site more and will get involve more in forums ..just to take his burden of replying to all queries..

Good luck @Nick .. Good Luck to all WP Tuxedo lovers…
    hopping to get something best and stable for theme designers like us…

Nick
    Keymaster
    WP Colonel

Thanks Bazish, and welcome back. Just Like everyone else, I am impatiently waiting for the next update from Trevor, which again, will be some bug fixes, and a total re brand of the plugin. I will need probably 2 weekends to prepare the 2 new plugins. In the meantime, I will start previewing some of the things that I will be adding. I’m preparing myself for 2+ years now, and theme designers is exactly where my target audience will be. Web Designers would benefit too, but the real beneficiaries will be those who aspire to sell premium themes.

Andy
    Participant
    WP Lieutenant

Thanks Trevor and Nick for this woderfull peace of software ! Tuxedo Rocks…

Kind Regards from Belgium
    Andy

Mark Downing
    Participant
    WP Lieutenant

Awesome news Nick. I have a question for you. I managed to find your YouTube channel some time ago and wondered if you can add audio narration to the videos you upload. Also, the video resolution would be nice if it were higher quality.

Thanks for all you do.

Nick
    Keymaster
    WP Colonel

Thanks Mark. I will try to talk in the videos from now on, as you are not the first person requesting that. For whatever reason, when I make the videos, I lose the ability to remember even the simplest words, and often use the wrong terminology. Early stages of alzheimer’s?

Anyway, check out the articles on the blog too, as Fred and I give out some very important tips. As a matter of fact, I will have a huge blog post later on today, and show what I’ve been doing the last 2 weeks.

Mark Downing
    Participant
    WP Lieutenant

I don’t suppose writing down the steps you are taking, then reading them out loud would work? I’ve made a few videos myself walking through the theme creation process in Artisteer.

That Girl
    Participant
    WP Private

I’m the same way when making videos, I focus too much on how I sound and what I say lol. I started just making tutorials and putting background music.

Nick
    Keymaster
    WP Colonel

@Mark: That’s way too much work!!!

@That Girl: I feel better now that I’m not the only one. It’s not only how I sound, but sometimes I forget the most common words, and many times I use the wrong terminology. It’s unbelievable, I press the record button and my brain just slows down!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
1 2 3

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.