Premium WordPress Themes and Support

Home Forums WPThemeCity Artisteer Export Plugin News & Updates Regarding The Future Of WP Tuxedo.

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 43 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  Nick 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
1 2 3
  • Author

Nick
    Keymaster
    WP Colonel

As of now I am taking charge of this web site, along with all decisions to be made regarding the WP Tuxedo plugin. We all have to thank Trevor for what he has done for us with this plugin for two and a half years. I personally learned a lot from him personally, and by studying his code.

That said, Trevor will help me maintain the plugin if needed. There was no way I would have let him just walk away. He still has a say and interest over here, as we need him as a partner, and not a competitor. As a matter of fact, he is currently working on the next update, which will mainly be bug fixes among other things. I’m hoping for it’s release sometime next week.

What does it mean to current and new customers, and what changes should they expect? In short, not much. To be more specific:

– The pricing and licensing terms will stay the same. $39 will still buy you a lifetime license.

– A few versions ago, Trevor had announced that the WP Tuxedo plugin had pretty much matured and fully developed. This pretty much will be the case here, nearly all future updates will be bug fixes.

– Trevor wants to exclusively use the Tuxedo name with his new products that he is currently developing. So, with the next update, the name “WP Tuxedo” will be “killed off” around here, and will be replaced with a new one. In order not to break sites already using WP tuxedo themes, the tux- prefixes in the shortcodes will remain. I’m guessing all other references to WP Tuxedo will be replaced.

– I will be adding an active blog to this site, and posting tutorials, news, web design techniques, tools and plugins, Artisteer hints, Woocommerce, among other things.

– If enough interest is generated, a theme marketplace will be added.

– If enough interest is generated, a directory of all web designers for hire will be created, along with their profiles.

– In a few weeks time, I am planning of introducing 2 more products, mostly geared towards Theme Developers. These 2 products, will help you enter (and compete) in the premium theme marketplace.

I am here to tell you that besides all the noises elsewhere, and the false rumors, this plugin and web site is well and alive, and I have many plans to make it even better, with new products and new services. I will be giving more specifics in the coming weeks and months.

su
    Participant
    WP Major

Yeah !
    Good Luck Nick!.

BTW, do we have to pay for update or new version of plugin ?.

Thanks Nick
    Thanks Trevor

Marco
    Participant
    WP Lieutenant

Hi Nick,
    perfect.

This is a good news! You are a serious person, responsible and generous. I’m sure you will do very well. Thanks of course to Trevor.

Appearance with the first news pleasure.

good job

Marco

david schneider
    Participant
    WP Private

Thanks Nick, and of course Trevor.
    Although I’m not now a proficient user of WP, I do visit the site daily and read the posts – I find the information useful and interesting because I can relate to the problems and the replies and answers are very well written and comprehensive. It helps too on a wider scale.

I like the sound of what you have planned and am interested to find out more.

Dave

Fred
    Participant
    WP Private

Awesome to hear, Thanks Nick and Trevor! Great work here. I am happy to help in anyway possible if you guys need the help.

Thanks,
    Fred

Bazish
    Participant
    WP Major

Hello Nick

Good Luck with the take over..

will be happy to visit site more often now…

let me know if any kind of contribution i can do for you..

thanks
    Bazish

Nick
    Keymaster
    WP Colonel

I want to thank everyone who is supportive of this move, and your kind words.

I want to quickly move an important piece of business out of the way in case I was not clear before.

@su: No, you will not have to pay for the new update, or any other updates that will be coming your way. Nothing is going to change for existing and new customers. That said, I will be releasing 2 more plugins, again, geared more towards aspiring theme developers who want to enter the premium theme marketplace. Only these 2 plugins will require subscription. Nobody will be required to buy these 2 plugins in order to keep receiving future updates of Trevor’s plugin, formerly known as “WP Tuxedo”. I will announce the new name when the new update comes out. There are no secrets here, even though I discussed the new name with Trevor over the weekend, he is in the process of re-branding the plugin, and I’m not sure which direction he is heading. I don’t want to make a name announcement now, and possibly look like a complete moron next week, and more importantly I don’t want to bother him for a small thing like this.

Ok, in order to make things interesting and lively, I started the blog. I have tons of things to share with you all, and hopefully you will teach me many things as well.

su
    Participant
    WP Major

Great, keep rocking Nick….
    Waiting for new update 🙂

Michael
    Participant
    WP Lieutenant

Congratulations Nick! This is great news. I’ve always seen you as the face of WP Tuxedo anyway so this just makes it official.

zenazeo
    Participant
    WP Private

Wow, this is great news on so many levels. Looking forward to the future!

Thanks so much, Nick.

Zena

Nick
    Keymaster
    WP Colonel

I will issue a blanket thanks for everyone here. You have no idea how much your support means to me, and encourages me to do even more. I fear as always is that, just a manager in sports, a parent, etc… is constantly in your ear, it becomes tiresome, and many things get just meaningless noise. Let me know when that happens, I’ll backoff.

In the meantime, I’ll be spilling all my knowledge and tricks (along with some of my famous rants on you guys – just to keep you entertained). For some years now, those who know me, I prefer having friendship relationships, and not just plain business.

P.S. @Zena: I think I still owe you an email from our last correspondence, I’ll get to it tonight.

Malinka
    Participant
    WP Private

Nice to read. I have always enjoyed your posts and therefore I have always come back for more.

wpthemecity = Nick 🙂

Regards
    Malinka

Nick
    Keymaster
    WP Colonel

Thanks Malinka,

I remember this topic you had started and never made it to the plugin – http://wpthemecity.net/forums/topic/i-cant-find-the-shortcut-to-quick-edit-page-on-the-frontend/

Is this something you would still be interested in to have?

Baldwin
    Participant

Nick, it feels really good to hear that you take over now … thank you for that and for your efforts to date in this forum. I will continue to visit wpthemecity.net with great interest …

@ Trevor: Many thanks for a fantastic and useful plugin. Good luck with your ongoing projects / products.

Thanks,
    Baldwin

Malinka
    Participant
    WP Private

That would be great feature to have Nick.

A way that the Community can help Nick is by sharing their solutions for various problems.

I gladly share my offsite backup solution.

Best regards
    Malinka

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
1 2 3

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.