Premium WordPress Themes and Support

Home Forums WPThemeCity Artisteer Export Plugin Error on Export of file

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Nick 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Philip Barrington
    Participant

I believe I have added the plugin successfully however when I go the export the file I get an error message. I do not get this error message when exporting a wordpress theme.

Artisteer: 4.2.0.60559 Standard
    WP Tuxedo: 0.2

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Nick
    Keymaster
    WP Colonel

Try again, this has happened to me ad well. I am really hoping for Trevor to fix the need to be on line, even if it means that he has to sacrifice the child themes in the process.

Philip Barrington
    Participant

I have tried again, and I have uninstalled and re-installed and tried again. The result is unchanged.

Trevor Anderson
    Keymaster
    WP Colonel

They just don’t have their servers together. I do have a way of doing this without Internet connection that maybe better all the way around. I’ll be revealing this next week, I’m not sure of the day yet though.

I’ve also contact Artisteer support about this issue to see why WP Tuxedo is seeing a higher failure rate for server connection than other exporters that require online connectivity.

Nick
    Keymaster
    WP Colonel

Thanks Trevor, I was wondering when the next update was going to show up, as you had talked about weekly updates. The weekly updates are not a big deal, but knowing about your progress, and what/when to expect things is way more important. After getting nothing out of Artisteer and Templateer, having a developer who is more open and responsive is refreshing.

And I also understand that planning weekly updates is a near impossible task, as in with any type of coding, things ALWAYS go wrong, and after a few days you get tired and lose some energy and momentum (at least I do, and take a few days/weeks off). Not to mention that you are a one man army, and not having anyone else helping you. The most we can do to help you out is to beta test the plugin, and report the bugs.

I said this before, I think you will get more customers if you solve this online authentication thing, even if you need to sacrifice some features, like the child themes. It’s about priorities, what’s more important… child themes, or offline exporting.

Trevor Anderson
    Keymaster
    WP Colonel

My issue at this moment is the base exporter. I can get around the online thing without sacrificing child themes, but it’s a bit less efficient and official feeling than going the standard export route. But the flip side is it may be more powerful when trying to accomplish other features, depending on how I go about including those features. Right now I’m waiting on the Artisteer team’s response to see which road I’ll be taking. Once this issue is resolved weekly updates will be a better possibility.

Philip Barrington
    Participant

To me it seems like 54.218.66.112 is failing to do its job, either because it is not happening or because it does not like the information it is getting. I would like a work around if a solution is not immanent

Philip Barrington
    Participant

OK: here is an update.
    I tried repeatedly to no avail.
    To test I opened a blank Artisteer and saved it as a tuxedo2 – all good!
    Then I changed the sheet width to 960px (I often do that) and it failed as before. Repeatedly.
    I changed the page width to 100% and set the maximum page width to 960px and saved it – all good.

It makes no sense to me. The question I have in my mind is what advantage is being served by the need to be online. I seems to take a long time and I don’t know if they are reading my code, writing something into my code or compiling stats as to what I am doing.

Nick
    Keymaster
    WP Colonel

They are reading your Artisteer data, and serving up the final code accordingly. This is Artisteer’s way to fight piracy. Adobe is also trying using similar methods, and their software got cracked in the first day.

I have not exported different types of themes, I will try different types, to see if there is a relation to your failed attempts, or if it was a coincidence that their servers was failing every time you were trying to export. In my case, the exporting failed only once, and without changing anything with theme, I tried again 3 seconds later, and it worked.

I’ll post again tomorrow on this, if I find any definitive answers about all this.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.